How to monitor a network folder in windows service?
Because a "Windows Service" program is running as a system user "LocalService", the user can not access network folder generally.
You may try to run the service using a local user. You need set same user name and password in local and server, then the user can run local service and access remote network folder either. Use UNC name to monitor, instead of mapped network folder, because mapped network folder need interactive login.
To set the service account, please follow the steps:
- From your Start menu, select Control Panel|Administrative Tools|Services
- Find A-PDF Security Service, double click to open it.
- Select the Log On tab, select the This account radio button and enter the User Name and Password for the account you want to use.
- Stop the service and start again.
- A-PDF Password Security - Change password security of existing Acrobat PDF files
- A-PDF Password Security Service - Monitor folders for changing PDF password security
We always like improving our products based on your suggestions. Please send your feedback (or ask questions) to us in the contact page.