How to Password Protect a PDF File?
- Free download and Install A-PDF Password Security.
- Then launch the program, open a password protect wizard
- Select the option "Single PDF Document Security" and push the button "Next >"
- Click "Browse…"button to open a PDF file will be encrypted, select the Security Level & Encryption method. You can setup a password for opening and/or modifying the PDF document by entering in the Document Open Password field ("Use a password to restrict permissions" lets you require a password when changing the security features of the PDF, not when opening it).
- Click "Save" or "Save as ..." button to set a Document Open Password and disallow copying permission in the PDF file
- After saving the file, you can choose to Open Saved PDF file with the default PDF viewer, set another PDF file Security or Open Destination Folder in windows explorer.
- Open Saved PDF file with the default PDF viewer.
Introduction to A-pdf Password Security "Security Method"
You can choose if the file has security or not by selecting Security Level. There are 40-bit and 128-bit level encryption methods to select; With A-PDF Password Security you can use two different types of passwords:
- Document Open Password, when you set the password, the encrypted file will need the password to open for reading.
- Permissions Password, when you set the password, the encrypted file will be restricted permissions. There are 7 types permissions showed in right, includes Printing, Document Assembly, Allow Form Fill-in or Signing, Comments, Changing, Copy of content and Content Accessibility Enabled. You can set the permissions by left selections.
- A-PDF Restrictions Remover - Remove password and restrictions of PDF files
We always like improving our products based on your suggestions. Please send your feedback (or ask questions) to us in the contact page.